5 Reasons Your Healthcare Practice Needs a Cyber Security Plan
We have all lived in the hype around cybersecurity and how if we don't pay attention, it can become our nightmare, one where even the best corporate securities and government will not be able to intervene. There is no requirement of any proof or statistics to prove the threat: Cyberattacks is our reality. Why has this transformation from a threat to reality happened?
Here are the top 5 reasons as to why your healthcare organization needs a Cybersecurity plan:
- There are high chances that you have identified the wrong threat, which inevitably makes your approach wrong. You may have a lot of security strategies in place, but how many of them are still valid as per the current market scenario? You will never know the answer if you don’t take the conscious effort to find out. Therefore, you need to stay up-to-date and create a plan that combats latest threats.
- Creating a dedicated strategy for cybersecurity and updating it regularly is an effort in itself, which is usually not otherwise present. Keeping that strategy fresh and making it specific will give you the power to influence security decisions to the most.
- One word to defeat-reactive defense. We don’t need to implement anything fancy when we know it will fail. But how does an organization become proactive? It begins with creating a cybersecurity strategy, which considers the uniqueness of your organization and designs a foundation based on that.
- Strategy is the core for any organization. It helps in making a centralized decision, and a sure way to understand and resolve a problem. However, this is not just random principles, but specific goals, decisions, and objectives to face the challenges.
- The ultimate performance metric for organizations is performance. Use it to highlight how you perform in challenges, the approach you would be using for achieving positive results. Only a strategy will help you identify your organization’s security stance. Remember that you need to set a metric based on the risks that you have faced before, and to those you haven’t experienced yet. Creating a security plan for yesterday’s strategy will not protect against the risks of tomorrow.
Most of you are thinking that the best approach to defense is at the network or code level, and definitely that is one chunk of the puzzle. And that’s the thing we need to skip. Until now, we have been moving the puzzle pieces around without any sure solution. Cybersecurity is a bigger picture that shows us that it is crucial to solve that puzzle.
To learn more about how Azure Horizons can help you develop and implement an effective Cybersecurity plan, contact us today
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Abhinav_Sethi/2481231